 CAD / Development / 777
776  |  778
Subject:
MPD Question...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 19:15:54 GMT

I searched through the archives of this group and could not find a definitive
definition of the MPD format (there were several contradictory postings).

So if someone can answer the following that would be great:
1) Which part is assumed to be the start in an MPD if there are multiple
parts in a file.
2) Do _valid_ leading lines get ignored?  i.e. if I have a part reference
first, should it get drawn or ignored (this is related to Q1)
3) Is there any way to mark the end of an MPD? (i.e. prior to a sig)
4) Is it valid to refer to a part that is later in the MPD?

I think the following is correct:
1) Ignore leading lines up to the first '0 File ' line
2) Extract all '0 File ' pieces into somewhere that will be first in the path
when looking for files
3) Display the first file in the MPD

But I am not sure if there is a marker for the end of the MPD.

                -ben