 CAD / Development / 7762 (-10)
  Hollow LDraw models

Many months ago I posted a question regarding making hollow shells or mesh objects out of LDraw models. In the POVray links section, under the macro subheading, is a listing for something called 'Tristan Macro for MegaPOV'. Anyone test this to see (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Segmented parts (ie hoses and flex tubes)

(...) [snip] (...) I agree, I did that with the hoses on my loco (URL) and it seems the best solution. ROSCO (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Segmented parts (ie hoses and flex tubes)

(...) No, moving the hose segments to parts/s/ would NOT prevent the shrinkage problem. It doesn't matter whether a part is located in PARTS or PARTS/S, it is still considered as a part. Whenever a (sub-)part is referenced from another part, it is (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part 3650a

Is anyone opposed to my moving 3650a.dat to 3650.dat? If someone later makes a file for one of the other versions of this part, we can do another move at that time. Steve (...) (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Segmented parts (ie hoses and flex tubes)

(...) Actually, by the guidelines for parts I posted, the flex-axle subparts should be in the parts directory. Moving the hose segments to parts/s/ would prevent the shrinkage problem, but I think there are better solutions. Steve (22 years ago, 27-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Segmented parts (ie hoses and flex tubes)

(...) Oh, I meant the first one *I* mentioned, not the 751.dat :-) (...) Well, after second thoughts and various comments from you guys, I think we should keep segments in PARTS. (...) Yup, I agree, that is the solution. The curve generator should (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldglite bug report (Was: Portable Ldraw system)

(...) Good idea! My biggest problem, though, is in trying to figure out how to join many line segments into one long line; for example, in Jacob's rendering the wings look *too* broken up, where one jagged line would have served better. That, and (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  New Minifig

Since all the new Minifig parts (hand, left/right arms) are now available on the LDraw.org Parts Tracker, I though I'd make a minifig using them. The render can be found here: (URL) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: Ldglite bug report (Was: Portable Ldraw system)

(...) illustration, however, be careful not to over-use it! Perhaps it would be even better if you, at random, split some of the lines in two, and then jittered their end points as well. You could possibly even do this recursively, so that a line (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Portable ldraw system

I just noticed that we need also a program like TD "a.k.a Track desingner" but for all these tools they must not use or need: No Visual Basic DLL "why because they don't work in all my 3 PC only in my good one" No run time stuff like I said above or (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact