 CAD / Development / 758
RE: MPD format
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 15:48:24 GMT

Just to sum things up:

Paul Gyugyi wrote (1):
I will be changing this.  In version 1.7, having a type-1 line that
specifies an MPD file will not draw anything, but just load all the
parts into memory so they can be used later in the file.

and in another posting (2):
To further clarify, a Type-1 include of an MPD file (with no valid
drawing lines before the "0 FILE") should be translated into a
Type-1 include of the first subfile of the MPD file.

I think (1) and (2) are contradicting. I agree with (2).
The functionality of (1) should be obtained with a META command.

To explain further: if there are valid drawing lines before "0 FILE"
is encountered, drawing should not start over with the first subfile.
Also, in LDLite, those first valid lines cannot refer to the subfiles
since the "0 FILE" statements have not yet been encountered.

Do we agree that valid drawing lines before "0 FILE" is an error?
Should they be skipped?
/Lars