 CAD / Development / 730
  Re: Feature requests for LDraw/LEdit v. 2

The *strength* of LDRAW is the Type 2 and Type 5 lines. They are key to making rendered instruction sheet output look good. AC3D is a modeller that supports both triangles and lines, with POV and DXF output. I encourage you to check it out at: (URL) (...) (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Our Modeling Future (Was: Feature requests for LDraw/LEdit v. 2)

(...) i see the good *and* the bad in the .DAT format... i like the idea that the same parsing routines handle everything from the model down to the line type... all transformations can be uniformly applied to every sub element, element, part, and (...) (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Feature requests for LDraw/LEdit v. 2

(...) Going back to the question of new line-types in LDraw2, if we had all the curved-surface types, there would be little or no use for the Type-5 line, as long as we could specify that a specific object should be outlined/edged. Or have separate (...) (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)