 CAD / Development / 7104
Re: matching pattern numbers???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 19:31:52 GMT

For patterned parts that occur together in a set -- say, for example,
the various patterned parts from a Han Solo minifig (from the Star Wars
theme) -- that have been or are being encoded as LCAD data files,
shouldn't we be co-ordinating these pattern numbers so they match?

When reasonable, yes, we should.  If I make the Johnny Thunder face
today, but don't make his torso for a couple of years, I wouldn't expect
that the same pattern number will necessarily be available later.
There are too many patterns for that.

That seems perfectly reasonable.

I used "ps5" as the pattern number for the minifig head,
I'm using "ps5" for the hips and leg (for the gunbelt pattern).
But, "ps5" is *not* the pattern number being used for the
corresponding *torso*!  Instead, the minifig torso (the one w/
the black vest [2]) is currently using "ps4", while "ps5" is
being used for the Darth Vader torso...

In this case, since Darth is still an unofficial part, there's no
problem renumbering the torsos.

Cool!  Thanks!  :-)

Looking at this situation more in depth... • [snip]
I've posted the complete table of my findings at
<http://www.lugnet.com/cad/~699/swminifigs/>.

Very nicely done, sir!  ;-)  I've got some of the new (2002) 'figs,
so would you mind if I give you more info for this list, or else
use your info in a list of my own?

Thanks,
Franklin