 CAD / Development / 6887 (-10)
  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) Ok. Up until now I've been under the impression we were trying to come up with a pure interface definition, independent of any particular language, platform, or implementation. When I asked if they weren't all abstract, I was envisioning (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) I can definately see the benefits of a standard library interface. Even an implementation might have a lot of uses. I just think that you will get the best design for the interface, if you forget about how you or anyone implemented it in the (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) Backface culling (BFC) is what you are describing, but it isn't what Kyle was asking for :-). In traditional realtime 3D rendering, polygons only have one side. The back side is literally non-existent. It doesn't get drawn at all. This is (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) Well, while I haven't tried it, I'm fairly sure that my implementation of MPD-handling in LDView would happily load an MPD file as a subfile of another MPD file or a dat file. :-) --Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) The way I designed my stuff is that the code in the linetype classes manage the objects they contain -- mostly just allocation, serialization and stringification of a matrix or a list of vectors. However, any rendering or parsing behavior is (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) Well, this raises the point: what ideal is the LDraw format aiming for? I don't think it's really going anywhere; any real change to the format would break compatability with the legacy LDRAW.EXE. I'm proposing a class library for the existing (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Category for segments parts

Carsten wrote: CS> .... CS> For example it would be nice to have ML-Cad known that a special pat is a CS> segment part and when you drop it in the model window it woul ask right away CS> where to set start and end-point and calculate the segment (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) Standard libraries/classes for reading, writing and processing LDraw and MPD files is certainly a good idea, but I am not certain rendering functions should be a part of such a library although it is an obvious extension. Jacob (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Category for segments parts

Hello! Past few days when i was working up parts who never have been reviewed before in parts tracker I noticed a lot of segment parts for Lego Technic. Basically these parts consists of a small segment or link to make a wire or tube of it (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

"Sproaticus" <jsproat@io.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:GrA7CA.24y@lugnet.com... (...) Shall this lines be only container classes or shall they have the working code? If they have working code, they are heavily depending on the target system (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact