 CAD / Development / 6881
Re: Category for segments parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 17:41:53 GMT

Carsten wrote:

CS> For example it would be nice to have ML-Cad known that a special pat is a
CS> segment part and when you drop it in the model window it woul ask right away
CS> where to set start and end-point and calculate the segment between. I know
CS> thats more a programming thing. But ML-Cad has to know somehow that it could
CS> do that with theses parts especially.

It can be handled by the LCD - LDraw Connection Database (see the
proposal: Appendix C: Additional Proposals/Cables). All we need to
include this types of connections/connectors into the database. I think
it will effects the similar that you thinked. Or am I wrong?

But I agree with you, parallel with this it would be useful to store
these parts, subparts, segments in a separate directory although the
database will tell how to handle these types of parts.

--
    ___       Bye:       KACS, The BrickaMocka
   /___\__
   |o o|      E-mail:    kacs69@freemail.hu
  _\_~_/_                kacs@makacs.hu
/|LEGO |\               lcd@makacs.hu
C |==|==| C              Brick, Brick Hurray! :)
  |__|__|