 CAD / Development / 6877 (-5)
  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) <snip> First, this is a nifty idea. Objectifying this is long overdue. But I was struck wondering, is this trying to objectify the current dat format as it is, or an ideal one as we would like to see it be... Also, are you a fan of the MVC (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) IIRC (and I wish I could find the reference) the LDraw spec does support this. It depends on the order of the points in the polygon; e.g. clockwise points out, counterclockwise points in. Or something like that. But last I heard of this, there (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) I'll have a better answer for this when I port my Java implementation to Perl. But yah, I guess "comprehensive" and "generic" don't quite mix well. I want comprehensive, in that this library could be used for many different methods of (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

I like this. I don't think I can contribute that much. I would like to though. I have been working in Java with my animation program ((URL) and I can contribute a class for LineType1. Most useful is a rotation function that I would like to think is (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) The base class is abstract, the ones not marked "abstract" aren't. This class hierarchy is actually the class library I whipped up over the past week. About 95% of what I posted here has working code, but I didn't want to push any of that if (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact