 CAD / Development / 6802 (-10)
  Re: LCD - LEGO Connection Database - Proposal

"Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> skrev i meddelandet news:GqqIK0.1rK@lugnet.com... (...) No it's definitely not. Of course, it depends on what you mean with 'the unofficial LEGO CAD universe', but no way I'll accept that figure (99%). BlockCAD is (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

"Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> skrev i meddelandet news:GqqIws.2ut@lugnet.com... (...) question) (...) Anton??? Anders!!! No, LCD wouldn't apply to BlockCAD, as it already has it's own 'snap' system: Everything is just a 'block', and can only be (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LCD - LEGO Connection Database - Proposal

Wow, for a second there, I thought the authors had really made a 3-D rendering of God from The Brick Testament. @8^) (URL) was amazed that someone had taken the time to model God's hair, which I had hand-carved out of a white helmet because LEGO has (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LCD - LEGO Connection Database - Proposal

Thank you Steve for inserting the definition that I forgot to include. (23 years ago, 30-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LCD - LEGO Connection Database - Proposal

(...) The only pain is updating all the parts at once. But if we collect and format the data, we could use a script to (a) insert the data into the files and (b) report problems: no LCD data for a file, problems inserting the LCD data into a file, (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LCD - LEGO Connection Database - Proposal

(...) LDraw is promoted as LDraw, LUGNET as LUGNET, etc... My concern was this was initially being promoted as LEGO Coordinate Database. If it is promoted as LCD then I agree the issue is not as important. I sent this to Tim in a private email (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LCD - LEGO Connection Database - Proposal

(...) Right. That wasn't what I was trying to say at all. I wasn't talking about format. What I was getting at was that the data (wherever it lives) was intended to be used for driving programs to make things snap into place, not just for doing (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LCD - LEGO Connection Database - Proposal

(...) Well that's kind of my point. LCD is an acronym, just as LUGNET(tm) is. So I don't see LCD standing for "LEGO(r) <mumble> <mumble>" as being bad or wrong per se any more than that LUGNET stands for "LEGO Users Group NETwork" being bad or wrong (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LCD - LEGO Connection Database - Proposal

(...) For anyone who (else) who doesn't know what 'ontology' means, and doesn't want to depend on context to derive the meaning, (...) Steve (23 years ago, 30-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LCD - LEGO Connection Database - Proposal

(...) Hmm. I read this as "Larry thinks LAD and KACS meant for the LCD data to go *in* the DAT files". But reading section 1.2, (URL), makes it clear that the data is intended to be position in files outside the DATs. But the bottom line is that (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact