 CAD / Development / 6315
Re: About the great datsville
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 14:36:40 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
I just took a look in the LDGLite documentation, and it
mentions using "j" and "J" for selecting parallel and
perspective projection, respectively. Can this be done from
the command line? How? And how do I set the "camera" and
"view" positions?

It looks like both "-j" and "-J" turn on the perspective projection
from the command line.  Otherwise it defaults to the orthographic
projection.  However since this is apparently undocumented
in the readme.txt file I reserve the right to change it to be
more consistent with the hot keys.  ;^)

I'm not sure what you mean by the "view" and "camera" positions.  I
thought they were the same thing.  Right now all you have is the
the standard ldlite command line option to set the combination
model/viewing matrix:
"-Afloat,float,float,float,float,float,float,float,float"

I always planned to give more control over the camera position for
the perspective projection mode, but never figured out what to do
with the view component built into some of the standard ldlite
orthographic matrices.  Although I guess I did eventually solve it
for the mouse spinning mode by converting to a similar modeling only
matrix as in l3lab.  Hmmm, I may have to look at this again...

What sort of control would you like to have over the perspective
projection matrix?  I guess compatibility with L3P and POV would be
nice.  Any suggestions?

Don