 CAD / Development / 6020
6019  |  6021
Subject:
Advice please on DATs for bendy-arm holder 2x2 brick
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 11:58:57 GMT

I am almost ready to post dat file(s) for the 2x2 brick used to hold the
bendy-arms in classic space and maxifigs. It is composed of two separate pieces
which clip together (neither of my examples have embossed part numbers).

My question is - should this be a single part with two subparts OR two separate
parts? If two parts should they have a common origin - which will be outside
the part boundary for one of them.
Analogies may be drawn with the lattice pillar (2580) and top (2579), and the
2x2 plate turntable base (3680) and top (3679) each modelled separately.
Electric motor assemblies have typically used the sub-part approach.

The question is complicated by the fact that the top piece (at least) exists in
two visibly distinct versions - one with a round hole and one with just two
small slots. I have not yet managed to dismantle my slotted version to see if
the lower piece is unchanged.

Chris