 CAD / Development / 5967
5966  |  5968
Subject:
Edger utility available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 03:11:22 GMT

I've developed a small utility in Java for adding conditional edge lines to
parts. I thought this might be handy to Ldraw developers; it certainly has been
for me. You can find it at:

http://www.lummoxjr.com/lego/legos.html

Source code and the Java class file are included. Usage is simple:

  java edger input_file.dat >output_file.dat

The output file just contains the edge lines themselves; you'll have to splice
them into the original file yourself. The utility is still in the kludgy stage
of its development.
Interestingly I've found this is also useful as an integrity checker, since it
creates ordinary lines for edges that are only used by one shape. (It doesn't
detect where you use primitives, so lines may appear around those; just don't
copy the lines over to your file. The output writes separate sections for
unmatched edges and conditional edge lines.)

Lee Gaiteri