 CAD / Development / 5965
Re: lost it! all of it.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 17:42:19 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Bram Lambrecht writes:
Thomas Burger writes:
some time in may ill have a new computer (1.1 gig processer,
60 gigs space, dvd rom, and cd burner, 800 khz , 128 ram )

You may want to spring for some more RAM.  I recommend at least 256,
especially if you're going to be raytracing.  If you can't afford the extra
RAM, then get a slightly slower processor...I doubt that'll make a
difference.
--Bram

well, yea.. but i am using a computer for more then just cad. I also play
games and such on it as well as since i am getting a cd burner and 60
gigabites.. MP3 time hehehhe
since i have the basic LDRAW stuff on cd ill be usin it as soon as i get a
new comp. but raytracing, i can set it to trace at like.. 11:00 pm, and let
it run all day, when im off at 5:00 pm the next day its done. (cept' for the
time i tried a raytrace and it took 36 hours to do 48% of a scene!)