 CAD / Development / 5759
Re: re-name "patterned" parts?...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 21:12:53 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Jeff Boen writes:
in addition.. something that I've been curious about.. why are the names
(descriptions) in this format?:

why the second space after the times sign? I've removed it from some of my
updated parts, which caused them to be out of order, so I put it back..
but why is it there at all.. looks sloppy in parts reports, etc.

Because of parts like "baseplate 16 x 16" which need two character spaces?
Without the padding you'd get ragged listings in monospace font reports.

Just a guess, I am just a gadfly here.

  My impression has been that the extra space preserves alphabetical listing
by description, so that Brick 2 x  4 comes before Brick 2 x 10.

  Another gadfly,

   Dave!