 CAD / Development / 5639
Re: LDLite status (was Re: LDLite center offset problem?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 22:25:28 GMT

Steve Bliss skrev i meddelandet
<5e0g2tsbp71mhhjc9d6qalkd09g6bumm47@4ax.com>...
In lugnet.cad.dev, Paul Gyugyi wrote:

Please let me know who uses LDLite and how it is used.

I have used the source (Pascal port of early version) in my LDList program,
and LDLite is the default viewer for .dat-files on my computer.

[...]
2. An option to do antialiasing[1] would be cool.  The function would work
by scaling the rendering up by a specified factor (and widen drawn lines by
the same factor), and then automatically scale the output down by the same
factor.  [...]

Just scaling up/down is not enough. The downscaling has to do some kind of
'resampling' (averaging pixels) to give anti-aliasing (BlockCAD can do this
when saving pictures, but not on the display).

3. I'd *really* love it if the LDLite rendering engine could be published
as a DLL or ActiveX component, so it could be dropped into other programs.

I agree on this! I have written a couple of programs using the LDLite source
(ported to Pascal) - LDList, LDSShell, and a couple of (as yet) private
utilities.

The big problem for me is that I will never have the time to do a new port of
the latest LDLite, so my programs are missing a lot of functionality that
exists in the later versions, but not in my old port (which is also buggy and
memory eating...)

A DLL which rendered a .dat-file on a given device context (or an in-memory
bitmap, memory mapped file, or something like that) would be a great thing for
my small utilities (they would also be even smaller!)

Thanks for the LDLite source!
--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery.htm