 CAD / Development / 5630
5629  |  5631
Subject:
LDLite status (was Re: LDLite center offset problem?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 19:07:23 GMT

Well, with the stock market tanking and the prospects of a
manditory pre-IPO crunch-time fading, I may have spare cycles
to do something over Christmas.

Please let me know who uses LDLite and how it is used.
With all the other spin-around-and-view programs, I'm inclined
just to concentrate on it being a tool to generate instruction
sheets (sort of like LaTex or POV), rather than add interactive
features (sort of like Word).

My short list of work items:
1) Fix file system and file name bugs.
2) Fix memory/cachesize issues that cause large MPDs to fail.
3) Change output to PNG with alpha-channel so output can be
overlayed on backgrounds.
4) Support 300 dpi resolution on an A4 sheet, on a machine
with enough ram and disk.
5) Support setting the width in pixels of Type 2 and Type 5 lines.

-gyug

In lugnet.cad.dev, James Wilson writes:
Is Paul Gyugyi not updating the program anymore?  If not, is the version 2
source available somewhere?  I've got Visual Studio -- could give it a
shot/hack.

James Wilson

In lugnet.cad.dev, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
"Jeff Boen" <onyx@flash.net> writes:

Yep... I pointed this out to Gyug, and he said that the interface for
the view options was actually provided by a 3rd party. He said that
he would relay the info to said person and hopefully the problem
would be fixed in the next version..

It was probably Jeremy Sproat who did this interface, if my memory
serves.  He is apparently not active on LUGNET now.

I don't have an environment for compiling programs under Windows myself,
so I cannot make the needed changes to the source code of LDLITE.

Fredrik