 CAD / Development / 5494
5493  |  5495
Subject:
how to NAME patterned m/f faces for specific personas?...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 05:03:56 GMT

Howdy!  I've got a minor problem,
and I'd like to hear your thoughts on it.

As you may know, I recently encoded a few DAT files
for some minifig head patterns,
including some from the Star Wars theme.

In the past, the NAME we'd give a DAT file
for a patterned minifig face would usually be
a somewhat generic description, such as
"Generic Smiley with Eyebrows", for instance.

But, with the Star Wars 'figs, we now have
minifigs for _specifically_ _named_ _persons_
(whether characters/roles/parts, or actors).

So, my question is, how should we NAME these files?
I see three choices:

a. Generic descriptive
b. Specificly named
c. Some combination of "a." and "b."

For the ones I've already submitted, I (somewhat clumsily, I'll admit)
chose option "c.", in that I gave a generic description
_along_ _with_ the identity of the specific character to be represented
by the patterned image (e.g., "SW Grim/Determined Expression [Luke-1999]").

On the one hand, I want a NAME that will be meaningful and useful
to anyone using these DAT files, _regardless_ of their knowledge
of the Star Wars characters, but I also want to _exactly_ identify
the _specific_ character(s) represented by the patterned images
(e.g., the m/f face used for Young Obi-Wan, which is _also_ used
for Luke Skywalker in the _2000_ sets, as _opposed_ to the m/f face
which was used for Luke Skywalker in the _1999_ sets...).

Thoughts?  Comments?  (etc.)?

Thanks,
Franklin

=====
Franklin Cain (and please do *not* call me "Frank" ;-)
fwcain@yahoo.com | http://fcain.tripod.com/
USE OR DISTRIBUTION OF MY EMAIL ADDRESS FOR UNSOLICITED
COMMERCIAL PURPOSES (I.E., SPAM) IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.