 CAD / Development / 5474
  Re: Patterned Parts Numbering

(...) I'd rather not encode file-nameish data into the file-extension. That feels like a bad thing to do -- extensions indicate the *type* of file, not the specific file. I realize that "DAT" is not the greatest extension in the world, as it's far (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Patterned Parts Numbering

(...) True, but since these are merely parts files and as such will reside in the LDRAW\PARTS directory, I think the *type* of file will be obvious. I agree this certainly feels like a "bad thing" at first, but it does give you a lot more characters (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)