 CAD / Development / 5349
Re: BrickDraw3D works with RayShade
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 20:45:52 GMT

That's interesting. Does that mean you used the raytracing code? So there would
be some similarities to my program's rayshade mode?

(I'm just a newcomer yet and not familiar with everything available.)

My program's rayshade mode improved to "acceptable", after some bugfixes and 25%
optimization. You can see one example picture at http://olson.pair.com (Mac
users can download the latest build.)

-Erik

In lugnet.cad.dev, Paul Gyugyi writes:
LOL. The more things change...
Long time followers of LCAD will note that
Rayshade is the renderer on which I based the L3G0
library.
-gyug

In lugnet.cad.dev, Erik Olson writes:
I've started to post daily builds of my program, BrickDraw3D.

See http://olson.pair.com/

[...]
BrickDraw3D is based on QuickDraw3D. It can use plug-in renderers like
Inklination FineArt3D. RayShade http://www.inf.elte.hu/~boga/Rayshade/ is
another example. Unfortunately this technology went into the dustbin.