 CAD / Development / 5208
  Re: Parts license

(...) Sounds interesting. I would rather see it under something like Perl's Artistic License than GPL, though. How do you define "programs"? And the license should be careful not to preclude the possibility of LEGO using or interfacing with the (...) (24 years ago, 17-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts license

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:G11svz.4IH@lugnet.com... (...) using (...) Something to be considered. I could give the Jessimans' an email soon (I haven't heard from them in a while) and ask them about the parts that James (...) (24 years ago, 17-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts license

(...) One thing I forgot to add -- In the spirit of open content, I think that any license that comes about ought to at least require that the republisher of the data must give a link to www.ldraw.org so that anyone using the parts or any (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts license

(...) I'd definitely be somewhat concerned about a license which restricted the parts from being used with non-free programs. I'd hate to preclude the possibility of a really awesome commercial program being forced to re-invent the wheel, and (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts license

(...) TLC won't use our parts directly (interfacing maybe) but even if they want to, they can use the parts as long as they use the unmodified version or publish their changes under our license. Here's a link with several software licenses: (URL) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts license

(...) What Todd (and I) were commenting on was this (optional) provision: (...) Which is different from your statement above, and would block TLC from using the parts unless their program was free. Before finalizing the licenses, it would be (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts license

(...) It was a bad idea, please ignore that paragraph. (...) Ok, any lawyers around ? Anyone wants to write a license with all of that fancy legal stuff ? (...) The important thing for the parts is to keep them free to use and people who improve the (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts license

(...) Why don't you hold off until we've got a decent parts-contributor-license put together? Although, the last I knew, they got this group via e-mail. So I hope they're reading this now, and can support us on this. Steve (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)