 CAD / Development / 5192
Re: Intersection of 2 3D lines?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 20:42:45 GMT

Travis Cobbs skrev i meddelandet ...
If I have two co-planar lines in 3-space, does anyone know how I can
determine their intersection?

If it makes the equations easier, the plane that they are in is:

Z = 1 - X - Y
otherwise written
X + Y + Z = 1

I have C-code at work to solve this, even if the lines are not co-planar. It
calculates one point on each line (the 'nearest points'), and if they are the
same, the lines are co-planar. Mail me at ai@cej.se if you want it in a hurry,
here at home I only download news during evenings (= your mid-day??).

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery.htm