 CAD / Development / 5188
Re: Intersection of 2 3D lines?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 15:13:47 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Travis Cobbs wrote:

If I have two co-planar lines in 3-space, does anyone know how I can
determine their intersection?

If it makes the equations easier, the plane that they are in is:

Z = 1 - X - Y
otherwise written
X + Y + Z = 1

Anyone?

You can use the "Line Intersect" tab on my rotate.xls spreadsheet (get it
from <http://www.geocities.com/partsref/>).  It's only 2D, but you can do
XY first, then XZ.  The resulting XYZ values will be your intersection.

Not as elegant as Rui's solution, but it works for me...

Steve