 CAD / Development / 4961
Re: Parts authoring help wanted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 11:18:53 GMT

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000, ludo soete wrote:
[...SNIP...]
1) In witch direction point the X axis
2) In witch direction point the y axis
3) In witch direction point the Z axis

4) In witch direction do we INCREMENT the numbers
5) In witch direction do we DECREMENT the numbers

Can someone explain this?
Perhaps with a 3-D drawing from the 3 axis?
Adding this information to the FAQ in LDRAW.ORG?

Well, the easy way, to NOT make any mistakes, is to create a .DAT file with a
bunch of lines type 1, which include for example the Brick 1x1 -> 3005.dat
and then you change their color and their x,y,z position to see the changes.

1 color x y z  1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 3005.dat

6) I'm i right (i could be wrong too) that someone posted an EXCEL file on his
web site
to calculate offsets for the line2,line3 & line4 commands?
I tought it was Steve Bliss, but can find it anymore on his site.

I believe so, but stece will be the right person to answer this.

7) I know that parts must be accurate in measure, but how abouth details?
   how far do we have to go in detail?

That's a difficult question.

You should model everything that is seen, i.e. interior stuff, like in a lego
motor, shouldn't be modelled, since it will never be seen.

Small details like the lego logo on the studs, are Not modelled also.

As a general rule, check a similar part, to know which stuff should be modelled.

See ya
Rui Martins