 CAD / Development / 4824
  Part Command (1)

How should the file name in the part command be handled? Should it be one word only (e.g. xyz.dat) or can it included spaces (e.g. Special Part.dat)? Is this handling the same for dat and mpd files? Michael (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Command (1)

(...) As far as I know, they should be compatible with Ldraw, which means compatible with DOS or more preciselly filenames must have a name like "8.3" ie, 8 characters for name, and 3 for the extension. Besides this, you can also use regular DOS (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Command (1)

(...) Like Rui said, LDraw only uses 8.3, and other programs (and part authors) should do the same. *Especially* for part-files. (...) Yes. Also, either format allows the inclusion of path information as part of the file name. Steve (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Command (1)

Ok, thanks - than I will restrict the possible file-names when entering for mpd to 8.3 notation to be compatible. Michael Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: i06pms8b3fjj71uns1jo...4ax.com... (...) the (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Command (1)

(...) I personally am agaist this ! DAT/MPD files SHOULD be Compatible (NOT MUST BE), because people may have no desire to keep it's compatibility, it's a choice up to the user. This offcourse is only related with peoples models, NOT oficial parts, (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Command (1)

(...) Absolutly! I couldn't agre more! -Chuck (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Command (1)

Ok unless my new parsing-routine is ready I will replace the spaces by underlines as a work-arround since I found out the real problem is the space in the file-name. MLCad stops after reading the first word ... has the halfe file-name and cries that (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Command (1)

Hmm, I think I might add somthing to my dat extractor program(1) that would let you choose to convert the name to 8.3 formart when it's run. -Matt (1) http:\\rapturesoft.h...onvert.zip btw the program allows you easier removal of dat files from the (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)