 CAD / Development / 4516
4515  |  4517
Subject:
the parts 754.dat and 756.dat in the 8.5L hose
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 08:27:43 GMT

Hi, I've been working a bit with flexible hoses lately, and I've
noticed an odd thing about the parts which make up the bent version of
the 8.5L flexible hose.

The part 754.dat

    http://www.lugnet.com/cad/ldraw/parts/ref/search.cgi?q=754

is used as a hose segment, about 50 of them go into a single hose.
The segment itself has a nice rounded outside.

The part 756.dat

    http://www.lugnet.com/cad/ldraw/parts/ref/search.cgi?q=756

is used in the centre of the hose, only once.  This part has a thin
cylinder as a segment, not a nice rounded one like 754.dat above.

You might need to zoom in on the parts to see the difference more
clearly.

Is there any reason for this difference?  If it's not, I would like to
suggest that the 756.dat gets updated to have the same rounded outside
like 754.dat.  I'm prepared to do the work myself, but I would like to
ask first, in case there is some special reason for the state of the
parts right now.

Fredrik