 CAD / Development / 4263
Re: Time for BFC overhaul?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 20:05:43 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, John VanZwieten wrote:

Now that MLCad is supporting BFC, should we begin overhauling the parts
database to take advantage of this?  I'd be interested in working on this for
a while.

Oh, good!  Fresh blood. :)

And you like that don't you ?  ;)

If any one doesn't !
Don't read the rest of the mail !

[...SNIP...]
What is the status of the meta-command discussion?  How close are we to
closure?

I feel that we are very close to closure.  The open issues listed in the
BFC proposal have more to do with cleaning up the document than with
determining the BFC language and function.  The only language-related
issue is whether to keep the CERTIFY tag or throw it out.

There we go again !
I saw this coming !

Why the hack do you assume things are stable as long as you agree with
the supposed current status of them ?

Remember this is just my opinion, and I' NOT trying to step on anyone
toes, yours included (Steve Bliss).

REMEMBER,
I apreciate or your and your dedication to lego and the lego comunity !

---[Flame Mode On]---
Another technic you use (either unconsciously or NOT) is to just ignore
other peoples mail, when they don't exactly fit on your ideias.

By this I mean:
Sometime ago, last year, you also made an afirmation similar to the one
in this mail, and I replyed to you and the group, with a mail saying
some of the issues that were NOT closed or agreed by all.
I don't remember you (or anyone else) replying to it.

So time passes, people forget, but I have strong convictions, wich doesn't
allow me to forget.

Also your work on parts with the "finished" BFC spec are also a way to
take your ideia ahead.

You have done a similar thing with the actual spec you wrote.

This is NOT saying that someone shouldn't write a spec, I mean that you
shouldn't force the ideias that where not agreed in the spec.
I know that any one can say they don't agree with it, but once it's
written it is a lot more dificult to change.

You accept ideias from others as long as they don't clash with yours !

As I said before, I don't know if do this unconsciously, or if it's just
your personality, but you should make some retrospective.

[Flame Mode Off]

Know I know I will become the black sheep !
But I had to say this at least once. Sorry

I' NOT a psicanalist !  8)

After all this,
maybe someone want's to say exactly the same things about me !
we never now, maybe I'm some kind of maniac ! ;)

never the less I apreciate yours and every body elses efforts to improve
our lego world.

I can be obviously greatly mistaken, maybe it's my perspective over here.
Who knows !
Maybe I'm just mad !
I'm only against some of your actions, and NOT against you !

P.S.
  Please reply, everyone who want's to, but don't start a flame war, that
was not the intent.
and Remember, every decision we make on the format, if wrong, it will
hurt us all in the end.

Rui Martins