 CAD / Development / 4227 (-5)
  Re: A discovery? and part 3475

John Jensen <skurt@vip.cybercity.dk> wrote in message news:18a2esk6si8dbum...4ax.com... (...) Why not just use the ring and cone primitives? Used in combinations, you can create just about any size ring or cone from these primitives, and they show (...) (25 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A discovery? and part 3475

(...) [snipped description and part-file] Yep, this is how I usually build curved stuff - use primitives to get the correct points, inline them and move the points around as necessary. In this particular case (a full circular ring), a way to avoid (...) (25 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A discovery? and part 3475

(...) I've done a similar thing myself a few times to generate a cone (and similar things), and I've been thinking about making a function in LDraw-mode to make the process easier. But I failed to see how to formalize the procedure, so I suspended (...) (25 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3PLiTE?

(...) Basically it checks if a stud primitive is close to a "inverted stud" (the cylinders under a plate for example) or to some predefined points added by me and remove them. The original idea was to make the bricks really connect when they get (...) (25 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A discovery? and part 3475

Perhaps that'll teach me to take a better look at the numbers... Regards John (25 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact