 CAD / Development / 4039
Re: New LDraw version ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 15:47:10 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tim Courtney wrote:

As far as L3Lab, I haven't even heard of it!

Read lugnet.cad.*.  Lotsa messages in the last few days.  But you probably know
that by now.

We are in desparate need
of making resources available for download at ldraw.org - but we can't
force program authors to make their own download pages.  I will offer
to HAND CODE each download page for each author if they just supply me
the information we need - that's how bad it is.  I'm really tired of
people asking 'where can I download...' (not your fault, Rene) when
the answer should be the site that [should be] the central resource.

Umm, Tim, you *might* want to re-iterate just what information is needed for a
download page on ldraw.org.

Specifically, the author needs to supply:

Category of software (Editor, Interface Shell, Utility, Rendering Tool)
Program Title (ie, descriptive name)
Author Name
Contact e-mail
Description/Notes (a couple of paragraphs)
URL for program or author 'home page'
Title for URL
Operating Systems for program
Download file size
Current Version
Hardware Platform
Release Date
URL for download file
Screenshot GIF or JPG (try for 320x256, 25K or less file size)

Steve