 CAD / Development / 3844
  Colors for pneumatic cylinder (was Re: Looking for broken pneumatics)

(...) I thought that much, but as you say, it could be nice:) Now the to the colors of this part, there's three of them, how to handle that? I've thought of making the yellow parts color 16 (I believe I've seen blue versions of this part), and (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Colors for pneumatic cylinder (was Re: Looking for broken pneumatics)

John Jensen: (...) From the LDraw FAQ: Chrome LDraw: 383 That should answer your question. Play well, Jacob ---...--- -- E-mail: sparre@cats.nbi.dk -- -- Web...: <URL: (URL) > -- ---...--- (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Colors for pneumatic cylinder (was Re: Looking for broken pneumatics)

(...) Hardcoding all colours except the yellow is probably the way to go. Just leave the yellow parts as colour 16 in case LEGO ever make the cylinders in other colours. Fredrik (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Colors for pneumatic cylinder (was Re: Looking for broken pneumatics)

(...) Like Jacob said, the metal rod should be done as chrome, 383. To achieve maximum color flexibility, and to allow the plunger to be moved in and out, you'll need to use multiple files for this part. To let the plunger move, you'd need to use (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Colors for pneumatic cylinder

(...) Thanks a lot for the above, for a minute I was quite lost, but offcourse, it can't be any other way (the structure, not me being lost:)). I would argue that a new primitive would be handy here, the "connector" for the tubes, since it is (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Colors for pneumatic cylinder

(...) I don't think "primitive" would be the correct term, but a sub-part (for the parts\s folder) would be. It didn't make sense to sub-part the "nozzle"/"connector" for the pneumatic tube on the air tank, since it is different from the "nozzle" on (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Colors for pneumatic cylinder (was Re: Looking for broken pneumatics)

"SB" == Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> writes: SB> - Shortcut part file, referencing all the other files SB> - Plunger part file SB> - Metal rod sub-part file SB> - Black peg connector sub-part file SB> - Cylinder part file SB> - Yellow (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Colors for pneumatic cylinder (was Re: Looking for broken pneumatics)

(...) Since they are available with various colors for the cap, it's even more important to do a separate file for each component. But the leaf-files are *parts*, not *sub-parts*. Probably with a tilde on the front of the part-title. Steve (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)