 CAD / Development / 3801
Re: [Fwd: A request for color assistance...]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 10:22:47 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Eric Harshbarger writes:
hmm... these appear to be the LDraw colors that are closest to actual
LEGO colors, but since my palette is not restricted, I was hoping to get
a bit more accuarte...

Try these...

http://www.fibblesnork.com/lego/colors/

I did these "by sight"[1] (as opposed to scientific methods), so they're
better in some ways but still not as good as possible.  What I've always
wanted to do is match up the colors with Pantone(R) color plastic flecks
and then convert those to RGB, but I only have Pantone swatches for printed
paper materials.

--Todd

[1] Actually, they're from memory -- "sight" meaning the mind's eye here.
But it's late and it's easier than digging out one copy of each color.  :)
Maybe these can be tweaked to come up with better values.