 CAD / Development / 3799
Re: [Fwd: A request for color assistance...]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 05:59:46 GMT

hmm... these appear to be the LDraw colors that are closest to actual
LEGO colors, but since my palette is not restricted, I was hoping to get
a bit more accuarte...

eric

Steve Bliss wrote:

Todd compiled a list of RGB values awhile, ago.  I posted them at
<http://home.att.net/~blisses/colors.html>.

Steve

In lugnet.cad.dev, Eric Harshbarger wrote:

Eric Harshbarger wrote:

Hi all,

as many of you may have been following, I'm designing a 'Pixelego'
application to display digital pictures into pixelated versions based on
LEGO bricks/plates. I could use some help with the colors. The program
will allow you to pick which colors to form the picture out of, so I
need to try to match RGB color values with LEGO-brick colors as closely
as possible.

A few things standing in my way:
1) My computer monitor is currently flaky and does not display Red or
Green correctly
2) I'm colorblind
3) I don't own all LEGO colors

Thus, I was hoping people could, with various art programs they may
have(I use Photoshop), test various RGB values and maybe we can come to
a concensus as to the RGB values of various LEGO colors. I don't want
this to spark any flame wars [grin]... but I hoping it may just catch
some color combinations that I may have grossly misrepresented (or just
forgotten).

Here are the ones I have tried my eyes and hand at so far:

0,0,0 | Black
0,0,255 | Blue
128,45,1 | Brown
89,89,89 | Gray, Dark
166,166,166 | Gray, Light
0,128,0 | Green
255,198,0 | Orange
255,143,164 | Pink
255,0,0 | Red
255,240,158 | Tan
83,0,143 | Violet
255,255,255 | White
255,255,0 | Yellow

Let me know if any of those are way off, if you have other colors to
suggest (NO clear, silver, or gold), etc..

Thanx for your help, I hope to have version 1 of Pixelego available at
my site by the weekend.

eric

Eric Harshbarger / eric@ericharshbarger.org / www.ericharshbarger.org

"Oh please, if people are going to start telling the truth around
here... I'm going to bed." - Jackie-O (Parker Posey, THE HOUSE OF YES)