 CAD / Development / 3778
    Re: ldglite (ldlite for OpenGL and Linux) new stuff —Don Heyse
   libtool eh? What the heck is that? I seem to have it in /usr/local/bin but "man libtool" turns up nothing. I guess I'll have to read the man pages on gcc and ld to find out more about the shared libs vs static linking switches. Oh well, I was gonna (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: ldglite (ldlite for OpenGL and Linux) new stuff —Don Heyse
   (...) Actually I'm not quite as impressed as I was a few minutes ago. I checked the size of the executable in the zip file and it's only 81064 bytes. The bloat we saw was the debugging symbols. You can remove them with this. strip ldglite I now (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: ldglite (ldlite for OpenGL and Linux) new stuff —Todd Lehman
   (...) Whoa -- the ldglite I produced via libtool is an sh wrapper for .libs/ldglite produced by ltmain.sh (part of libtool I guess). That's how it's so small! :) 3k seemed awful small to me too -- almost unbelievable. 20k I could believe easily, 3k (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)