 CAD / Development / 3566
Re: Update 9906
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 16:46:11 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Chris Dee wrote:

Looks like both John and I mistakenly assumed that s\973s01.dat is the torso
missing the front surface - in fact it is missing the back as well to cater for
those rare torsos with decoration on the back. I sent a corrected version of
973p34 to Steve. Checking I hadn't made the same mistake on other torsos, I
found a small section missing from the back of the Silver Ice planet torso
973p62 - so I've corrected that too.

I got the fixes. Thanks for the rapid turn-around, Chris!

About 973s01 - I don't remember if this subfile ever had a back surface.  The
name does clearly state that there's no back: "~Subpart Minifig Torso without
Front or Back".

IIRC, the back surface was removed from the no-front torso when 973-4t.dat was
renamed/moved to s\973s01.dat.  And the existing torsos were updated to use
s\973s01 and had the back surfaces added to their code.

The plain torso has change-commentary which supports this:

0 Official LCad update 99-03
0 1999-04-16 SEB Updated 973-4t.dat to s\973s01.dat; added back surface

In case anyone ever needs quick torso surfaces, s\973s01.dat does include sample
code for both the front and back.

Steve