 CAD / Development / 3062
  Re: Clipping / CCW / CW / INVERT

(...) Thanks! (...) I knew that ! ;) (...) LDraw doesn't, but this specification is for new Programs which are backwards compatible with Ldraw, but with a bunch of new enhancements. Check the instructions of any LEGO MODEL and you will see an (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Clipping / CCW / CW / INVERT

Rui Martins wrote in message ... (...) You mean six of one, half a dozen of the other. :) (...) it (...) Using 0 FACE CW|CCW|DS|UNKNOWN will also keep backward compatibility. Either way though, some quadrilaterals will need to be manually tweaked (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Clipping / CCW / CW / INVERT

(...) No, thank you! (...) I don't know if I knew you knew that, but I was almost positive you knew that. And I knew most everyone else knew that, but I wasn't sure absolutely everyone knew that. ;) (...) Right. New programs may handle transparency (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Clipping / CCW / CW / INVERT

(...) touche'! (...) Not exactly! If the color has any transparency, force CLIPPING OFF, irrespective of what the file TAGS inform. (SIDE NOTE) when using the tag 0 CLIPPING ON you are not informing the program that it MUST do clipping, but instead (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Clipping / CCW / CW / INVERT

(...) No, when I look at the images I see real alpha-blended surfaces :) I've tried to turn backface culling in the transparent parts and they looked very ugly, it's better to draw everything in those cases. (...) Just a note to correct the (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Clipping / CCW / CW / INVERT

(...) Do you know the reason why? The change-state-calls could cost a little overhead, but don't they just set some flags? And these flags would just cause negating an orientation test? /Lars (25 years ago, 9-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Clipping / CCW / CW / INVERT

(...) I once asked the same question :) Most OpenGL drivers have part of the rendering code create at runtime instead of having if/else statements for all the possible flags. When you change the state, the driver has to rebuild the code again and (...) (25 years ago, 9-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Clipping / CCW / CW / INVERT

(...) Right. But that happens at rendering time, not in the description language. (...) I knew that. ;) (...) LOL Steve (25 years ago, 11-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)