 CAD / Development / 2976
Re: MI/X (Was: LeoCAD for Linux (Was: Compiling MPD Builder/Splitter for DOS/Win?))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 23:06:42 GMT

On Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 08:51:18PM +0000, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
[ XFUT lugnet.off-topic.geek ]

Mike Stanley:

I do have X installed _on_my_Linux_machine_, but I haven't
managed to get the Macs here in Paris to run a X server
(yet).

Tried this?

http://ftp.sunsite.utk.edu/ftp/pub/mix/

Now I have.

Didn't work. There is some kind of font problems that don't
make sense.

I have used the product under NT.  It isn't very stable.  But it works.
The problem is that your apps are looking for fonts that you haven't
installed into the X server on the Mac.  There is a faq for MI/X on their
site, which includes a description of how to add fonts from the linux
system.  It is easier on the Mac I think than in NT.

Another choice is to use VNC instead.  This has the advantage that if the
connection dies, you can pick it up where you left off.

Ciao!

--
A child of five could understand this. fetch me a child of five.
-- Groucho Marx

The Doctor What: "What, Doctor What"             http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat@gerf.org                    (finger docwhat@gerf.org for PGP key)
KF6VNC