 Off-Topic / Geek / 557
Re: MI/X (Was: LeoCAD for Linux (Was: Compiling MPD Builder/Splitter for DOS/Win?))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 12:25:22 GMT

[ FUT lugnet.off-topic.geek ]

Doc:

I have used the product under NT.  It isn't very stable.  But it works.
The problem is that your apps are looking for fonts that you haven't
installed into the X server on the Mac.  There is a faq for MI/X on their
site, which includes a description of how to add fonts from the linux
system.  It is easier on the Mac I think than in NT.

I don't get as far as connecting to _any_ Linux machine.

Another choice is to use VNC instead.

Where can I pick that up?

Play well,

Jacob