 CAD / Development / 295
RE: DAT voting page up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 09:33:53 GMT

Roy Earls wrote:
I've actually been trying to come up with a program that with
strip the unexposed or interior structure out of a model due to
the parsing time POV wastes on those structures.  The best I've
come up with so far takes as much time to strip as it does to
parse the original and it always leaves some holes.  Oh, well,
sometime you get the bear ......

Yes, there is a huge amount of studs hiding inside other bricks.
Anybody got an intelligent algorithm? This would be applicable
for LDLite too and save a lot of unnecessary rendering. However,
watch out for transparent bricks...
/Lars