 CAD / Development / 2888
Re: Chrome in new LCAD programs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 03:01:45 GMT

Bram Lambrecht wrote in message ...
Gary:
It'd be great if your program rendered color 383 (and 503) more like • official
LEGO instructions rather than like LDraw/LDlite.  I don't know how • difficult
that would be too implement, though.
--Bram

PS: try not to be overwhelmed by all these suggestions.  We don't expect • the
beta of a program to be fully featured.  (But if it is, so much the better
:)

I don't think I personally have any sets with chrome parts, so I'm not sure
how they appear in LEGO instructions.  Anyone have a URL to a scanned
instruction page?

Speaking of LDraw color codes, the FAQ only lists 41 of them.  Are any other
codes used that aren't in that list that I should support?

I'm actually glad to have so many suggestions from so many people.  I wasn't
really expecting this much interest in my project so soon.  The feedback has
made me feel very welcome in this forum and I hope to live up to everyone's
expectations.

From the discussions so far I've modified my original object hierarchy three
times (latest version isn't yet up on the website).  To date I've done very
little coding beyond getting the program to open a file and display a
rotatable wireframe, as I'm still nailing down the feature list.

I think I'll be ready to release the first pre-beta early next month so I
can get some feedback on the interfaces.

-Gary