 CAD / Development / 2786
Re: Parts and Pattern
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 12:04:43 GMT

Yes, I have drawn up the pattern for the black/white bird thing, potentially
for the shield and torso. Struggling to find time to do the LDraw work though
(due to the recent purchase of a large lot of unsorted parts). I'll register it
on the Parts Tracker, but if you want to take this on and want to take
advantage of my work so far, please let me know.

Chris

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Joachim Probst writes:
Hi !

after that nice welcome of John, I just state another question. To me
it's more fun to do patterns than parts, so, there will be more
patterns to come. There have been many LEGO sets with stickers in them,
to put them on "composite" parts, consisting of 2-10 standart parts. I
remember some advertisings and so on. I think it would be nice to have
them in the LDraw-programs as well. But what way should they be done?
Just doing stickers, of, lets say, 2 LE so that one could put them on
the models, or as "new, composite" parts? Or both, the "complete parts"
for standart use, the sickers for general use?

I would like to hear about that!

Ah, and is there someone working on the other castle patterns? Torso
with that kind of bird, the lion, the tavern flag, the shield of forest
men, with upper named bird or lion? If no, I will do them the next time
(as time is there to use). Yes, I will check the parts-tracker
although, but may be someone is doing them, not mentioned in the
tracker...

Ciao,
Joachim