 CAD / Development / 2771
    trying to guess the stud spacing by measuring bricks —Robert Munafo
   (...) The reason your approach doesn't work is because all LEGO parts are deliberately manufactured with a very tiny gap allowance on each contact-surface dimension. If this weren't the case, the bricks would not fit well when dirty or marred. It (...) (25 years ago, 24-Aug-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: trying to guess the stud spacing by measuring bricks —Larry Pieniazek
     I know you went several hundred studs in length if I recall, but is there any chance that the stud center spacing is actually intended to be 8.000 mm ??? This is not intended as a slur against your measurement technique, but an honest question. (...) (25 years ago, 24-Aug-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

         Re: trying to guess the stud spacing by measuring bricks —Robert Munafo
     (...) No slur taken! (-: Actually, what I think happened is this: - Some company (it was in England somewhere, right?) stated making bricks, using a nice round number standard like 5/16 inch or 8 millimeters - LEGO bought the rights (or the company (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

         Re: trying to guess the stud spacing by measuring bricks —Steve Bliss
     (...) [Some snippage may occur during shipment] Maybe TLG deliberately used an odd spacing, to make it harder to make compatible bricks? Steve (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: trying to guess the stud spacing by measuring bricks —Adam Howard
   Thanks Robert! That did the trick. It had been awhile since I had read your earlier post and I completely forgot about the standard gap. Thanks, Adam Robert Munafo <munafo@gcctechNO.SPAMcom> wrote in message news:FGzt2q.1op@lugnet.com... (...) (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)