 CAD / Development / 2653
Re: i admit i was wrong
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 21:43:51 GMT

On Sun, 15 Aug 1999 05:07:22 GMT, "Adam Howard" <abhoward10@hotmail.com>
wrote:

I am a relatively new part author (1 year of experience).  I'm working on a
part right now (the crossbow) that I have mindboggling questions about, but
I am holding off because I hate the idea of fitting into Jonathan's mold of
a new part author.  To this end I've been killing myself for the past 2
weeks trying to figure out why most of my line/plane intersect equations
work and 4 don't AAGHHH!  And I've been afraid to post any 'annoying'
questions because look how Jonathan's posts have been taken.  In my mind all
of this has turned our wonderful nurturing group into a be-on-guard and
watch your posts group.

Suggestions for asking questions:

Be as specific as possible.  In this case, you are working on a specific
detail, so you could post the part, with the problem-areas marked by
comments:

0 *** The following 4 lines don't work right ***
<bad line 1>
<bad line 2>
<bad line 3>
<bad line 4>
0 *** The preceeding 4 lines don't work right ***

When you post, try to be clear and specific about what the problem is.
Include information about how to view the part to see the problem.

Jonathan's posts aren't annoying because he's asking for help.  They are
annoying because he makes it sound like he's asking other people to do
stuff that he could do himself.  And because he's asking for a lot of
*duplicate* help.

Steve