 CAD / Development / 2615
Re: i admit i was wrong
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 16:37:46 GMT

Ok... I think this is getting off the beaten track some here...

I don't think anyone minds Jonathan asking questions... what they do
mind is the tone of his messages.  Which he's been called one more than
once..
I also don't think anyone would mind helping him if it weren't for the
above, and for the whining, complaining tone he uses.

He has blantenly disregarded our pleas for him to at least follow
nettiquete. <sp?>

He's finally decided to at least try to capitalize and punctuate his
messages, this was not until the thought of being ignored or having his
posting privileges removed.

I to don't want to see people removed, though when you've tried all ways
possible... it's time to get a little more drastic. Maybe a suspension
for a set length of time? I'm still unsure on this fact yet though..
maybe some type of probation?  Set the rules, let him know what they
are. give him one warning, after that get a little more drastic... Again
this goes back to what I've already said.. We are not here to be
babysitters.. we are adults here (for the most part, Tim and I believe
Bram to be the exceptions) and should act like adults.

Some think he's doing some good in helping with OMR. I'm sorry to say,
I'll have to wait till I see how he's done with the ldrawing before I
can even comment on that.. He's proven himself to be sloppy in too many
ways already.

People are saying everyone makes mistakes, of course we do we are
human... though we also listen to what others say and try to do as they
would like... Again.. until the point of being threatened.. Jonathan did
nothing to correct these behaviors.

You have to remember we've been dealing with this for the last 6
months.. things improved for a little while, though they are going down
hill again..
People are only patient for so long...

One more thing to keep in mind... I don't believe anyone has asked
Jonathan where he's from? is english his first language? I'm thinking of
all the typos here.. with a xoommail address it's hard to tell just
where he might be.

Just remember, opinions are like a$$holes, everyone's got one.. That
doesn't make theirs wrong or others right... just that the majority will
prevail...
And it might end up that not everyone is happy... That is also your
right.. Just as we have rights to not feel like we have been lately.

--
Keep on Bricken'
-Tamy

Follow the bouncing boxes!