 CAD / Development / 2609
Re: i admit i was wrong
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 08:31:58 GMT

Todd Lehman skrev i meddelandet <37b47be5.155614673@lugnet.com>...
In lugnet.admin.general, "Anders Isaksson" wrote

Well, throwing people out of the door is not the most pedagogic (w/sp?) way • of
teaching them, is it?

You seem to suppose that everyone who's willing to learn some craft is worth
taking the time to teach that craft.

I didn't _suppose_ anything, I just wrote down a gut reaction. When a group
starts throwing people out, it's the beginning of group decay. Some people
will always be on the side of the outthrown, and start complaining of the
treatment he/she got, you get factions, and fighting.

Soon you'll have more throw-outs, and sooner or later you end up with a small
'elite' that makes all the decisions, and most others are off (or considered
'off').

I realize the group has a problem here, but I don't think the best solution is
throwing people out. _Every_ other way to solve the problem _should_ be tried
first.

I think a 'screening team' for parts is a good idea for _helping_ new authors,
but I don't know how that could stop anyone from sending in new parts directly
to the list. In the same way, throwing anyone out does not take away their
possibilities to send direct email to others, so it's still only 'sweeping the
problem under the carpet'.

Whatever happened to independent learning?

I don't understand what you mean with this question, perhaps my lack of
English?

How could you ever learn anything without interacting with others? How could
anyone realize the 'LDRAW standards' without communication/cooperation with
the rest of the group?

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery.htm