 CAD / Development / 2592
Re: i admit i was wrong
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 23:46:52 GMT

Eric Kingsley wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev, Todd Lehman writes:

Snip of what appears to be some thoughtful reflection by Jonathan

Can I make a couple other constructive suggestions?--

6.  Think more, post less.

7.  Stop being rude and disrespectful to people.  Messages like these:

I want to add one here...
     http://www.lugnet.com/off-topic/geek/?n=377

Which was in reply to...
     http://www.lugnet.com/announce/?n=285

Your post here Jonathan was totally uncalled for in my oppinion and showed a
lack of respect which truely shocked me and resulted in my first and so far
only flame message on LUGNET directed toward anyone.

I don't think it took much thought to realize that Tore had more important
things on his mind then to design some parts for LDraw.  Now I don't know you
except from your posts here but I assume you don't have children otherwise I
would hope you would have not posted this message.

      http://www.lugnet.com/cad/?n=2320
      http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=2520
      http://www.lugnet.com/starwars/?n=3213

   have the long-term cumulative effect of everyone either despising you or
   ignoring you, or eventually in everyone turning against you and formally
   asking you to leave the group or groups.

8.  Lose the negative attitude.  Messages like these:

      http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dev/org/ldraw/?n=439
      http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=321

   suggest that your heart isn't in this.

9.  Buy a couple actual LEGO sets.  Build with LEGO.  Play with LEGO.  Get
   on a Jambalaya list or something.  Expose yourself to a wider variety of
   parts.

Please listen to this one Jonathan.  I had no idea you had no LEGO and could
not believe you were attempting parts without a piece in hand.  Now I have not
ever attempted to design a part but it seems logical to me that you would need
the part in hand to do a satisfactory job.

Now although I love LDraw there is no substitute for building with actual LEGO
bricks.  I understand that it may be cost prohibitive for you but at least try
and save and buy a couple of small sets so you can experiment with actual
bricks there is nothing like it.  :)

10. Swear up and down never ever again model a LEGO piece (even a mock-up)
   without having it in hand.  Also, never cause anyone to believe (even
   accidentally through careless wording or ambiguitites) that you are
   modeling pieces blindly again.  Don't write confusing things which
   prompt steaming responses like these:

      http://www.lugnet.com/starwars/?n=3286
      http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=2476

   where people misunderstand your intentions.  Be clear in each post, what
   you are talking about.

11. Learn to spell Terry's name (it has two r's, not one).

This is probably your biggest mistake.  I am sure that if I were writing this
and refering to you as "johnathin" that you would not be happy.  This is an
easy one to fix to just look at the composer of the message and there you go.

Eric

Remove ".nospam" when replying by E-mail.

--Todd

  what I was asking was not for more parts
I was asking
1.If I could finish a part he had started
2.If he has submitted parts he had already made for voting
3.What set numbers used a part he had already made