 CAD / Development / 258
RE: DAT voting page up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 15:23:05 GMT

John VanZwieten explained excellently:
An example:  Adding a white rectangle to a color 16 surface:

1.  Delete the color 16 surface from the part.
2.  Add the white rectangle.
3.  Fill in the area around the white rectangle with color 16 quads or
    triangles, so that the entire area covered by the original color 16
    surface is covered again.

This process takes a bit longer than just overlaying the original
surface with patterns, but the rendered result (especially in Ldraw)
is much better.

That's the way to do it!
POV-Ray doesn't like coincident surfaces either.
/Lars