 CAD / Development / 2404
Re: LDLITE and Door Part Problems- Sorry so big
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 09:36:18 GMT

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999 04:45:01 GMT, "Adam Howard" <abhoward10@hotmail.com> wrote:

This is for anyone who is experienced with LDLITE:
I have submitted 2 door parts 2400 and 6105 to Terry for the next vote.
They work fine in LDRAW, but when he tested them in LDLITE  he noticed a
syntax error.  Following is what he noticed:

"Both of these parts have some kind of syntax problem.  If you run LDLite
with the -L switch, it will generate an error log 'ldlite.log' which
indicates a syntax error on a specific line.
For some reason, it changes each time you run it, and often the lines are
non-existent.  I am not sure what the problem could be, but I suggest that
you ask about it on cad.dev. - hopefully someone there knows what the
problem is.

-- Terry K --"

In these two particular cases, I found what the problem was.  Some of you might
already be aware of this problem, but it was new to me.

In the original parts, I had moved the statement "(CW Quads)" down a couple of
lines.  In doing so, I had to add a "0" to comment it.  The error occured
because I did not leave a space between the "0" and the "(CW Quads)":
0(CW Quads)  should be:
0 (CW Quads)

I figured out that any comment line not having a space after the "0" will get a
Syntax error in LDLite with the -L option on.

Annoyingly hard to find.  Especially since these files use that new box3#8p.dat
primitive, and I recall that primitive being involved in a similar Syntax error
problem with an earlier version of LDLite.  So I spent a lot of time on a false
trail thinking this problem was related.

The moral of the story?  Avoid spamcake when editing files.

-- Terry K --