 CAD / Development / 240
    My proposal for the orientation of new elements —Jeff Boen
   My proposal for the standard orientation of all new elements being added to the parts catalog. LEdit/LDraw have a "standard" or "default" view that looks upon models/elements from the upper front left. The LEdit/LDraw axes are as follows in the (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: My proposal for the orientation of new elements —Steve Bliss
     On Wed, 24 Feb 1999 04:45:26 GMT, "onyx" <onyx@flash.net> wrote: [big snip] Good stuff, onyx. One further thought on wheels/tires: the Z-positioning should facilitate placing the wheel on axles. For most wheels, this is no big deal, the edge of the (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: My proposal for the orientation of new elements —Fredrik Glöckner
   (...) We already have a convention for this, I think. Parts with studs should have the top of the part (excluding the studs) in the X-Z-plane, and otherwise be centered. Of course, special parts need special rules. An example is the "joystick" (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: My proposal for the orientation of new elements —Steve Bliss
   (...) Correcting positioning and rotational errors can be done when/if a part renumbered. Which doesn't really happen all that often (it just seems like it). Steve (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)