 CAD / Development / 1935
  Re: fixes??

(...) The problem is the primitive stud*.dat files are specifying two different colors for the same voxel (3D pixel)--the voxels are the edges are being filled with both the edge color and the surface color. So the renderer has to 'decide' which (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jun-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: fixes??

(...) You don't need to change anything in the LDraw language, you can use something called "Polygon Offset" (those who have used OpenGL will know what I mean), it moves the lines a little bit to the front when checking the Z-buffer. You'd just need (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jun-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: fixes??

(...) Oh, right. Yes, cheating the lines in the renderer is acceptable. It doesn't help Mookie, but it would be a long-term solution. Steve (25 years ago, 2-Jun-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: fixes??

Luckily, you have access to the LDLite source code. And it is the following lines near the top of stub.c: // replace pixels within tolerance to avoid rounding problems #define Z_LINE_TOLERANCE 2 // move lines closer to viewer before drawing to avoid (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jun-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: fixes??

(...) Did you get the changes to the way LDLite saves bitmaps that I submited about 2 months ago ? You haven't told me anything. Leonardo (25 years ago, 7-Jun-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: fixes??

It's in 1.7, which will get released as soon as work lets up a bit. Thanks for the code. -gyug (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jun-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)