 CAD / Development / 1627
Re: Discussion-Large Technic Shock 2909c01.dat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 20:59:27 GMT

Adviesbureau Noord/Zuidlijn wrote:

If we talk about a user friendly method, I can attempt to write a small
program that does the hard scaling work for us.
Input would be the desired distance between the axle- and technical hole.

The inputs for such a program should be the x,y,z coordinates of both
end points of the shock.  That way, since you are using a seperate
proggy to generate the shock, it might as well generate the whole shock,
including rotation.  It would be relatively easy for one to program the
algorithm to determine the real length of a line between two points,
whereas for someone who is in the middle of making a model, it would be
a pain to try to calculate this for each shock in the model.

--Karim