 CAD / Development / 1487
  Shell Extension DLL for lcd and dat files

I've made a shell extension DLL to display some information about LeoCAD/LDraw files when you move the cursor over them in Windows Explorer (like what MS Word does). It will display the author & description of LeoCAD files or the comments from the (...) (25 years ago, 22-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Shell Extension DLL for lcd and dat files

Leonardo Zide wrote in message <371F7FDB.F7CBD046@c...com.br>... (...) How about one that also works for ldraw files with the ldl extension (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Shell Extension DLL for lcd and dat files

(...) Useless? No, I think it sounds useful, at least to me. But I can't seem to get it to install. Could you expand slightly on the instructions? I tried various methods, such as using Windows Run program, making a shortcut for regsvr32 and (...) (25 years ago, 24-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Shell Extension DLL for lcd and dat files

(...) The error means "One of the library files needed to run this application cannot be found". The best option to install the program is using the DOS prompt, here's what you need to type (you may need to change the folder names): 1- cd \downloads (...) (25 years ago, 24-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Shell Extension DLL for lcd and dat files

(...) Nope. Won't work. Same error. I placed everything in the zip file in my c:\windows\system\ directory. Went to the dos prompt, CD'd to system and ran the command c:\windows\system\regsvr32 shlext.dll -- Terry K -- (25 years ago, 25-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Shell Extension DLL for lcd and dat files

(...) That version was linked to ATL.DLL and you probably didn't have it in your system. I've uploaded another version that uses only files that are in the standard Windows installation (KERNEL32.dll, USER32.dll, ADVAPI32.dll, SHELL32.dll, (...) (25 years ago, 26-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Shell Extension DLL for lcd and dat files

(...) OK. It says it is successfully installed. But nothing happens when I try to use it with dat files. For that matter, I have MS Word for Win95 version 7.00, and it doesn't do anything like that for .doc files either. -- Terry K -- (25 years ago, 28-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)